Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE); Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE).
In school, we have always taught PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education) and we deliver our teaching and learning through a programme called Jigsaw. Many schools use this programme too. At Altmore & Lathom this links perfectly with our values and, as you know, these are embedded throughout our schools.
Recently, the Department for Education (DfE) has changed the legislation, these changes relate to when and what we teach children in regard to Relationships, Sex & Health Education. Originally, these changes were due to be implemented by September 2020; however, in light of current events, this has now been postponed until the Summer term of 2021.
To support our delivery of a PSHE curriculum which encompasses the new requirements regarding Relationships, Sex & Health Education we will continue using Jigsaw. Jigsaw is widely used in schools across the UK, it is comprehensive and includes a wealth of quality resources. Lessons will take place once per week and will last up to an hour (depending on the age of the children).
Please feel free to browse the Jigsaw and DFE resources to find out a little more. These documents include:
- Department for Education RSE Guide for Parents
- Jigsaw PSHE Guide for Parents
- Jigsaw RSE Guide for Parents
- Jigsaw Scheme Overview Curriculum Map
- Altmore and Lathom RSHE policy
- Reception RSHE Newsletter – Term 2
- Year 2 RSHE Newsletter – Term 2
- Reception RSHE Newsletter – Nov 2021
- Year 1 RSHE Newsletter – Nov 2021
- Year 2 RSHE Newsletter – Nov 2021