Our school is fortunate to work in partnership with Juniper Ventures We offer a choice of main courses including (vegetarian and halal options). Mondays are meat free and there are vegan choices on some days.
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to Free School Meals.
If your child has any dietary requirement they may bring in a healthy packed lunch to school and this will be kept in their classroom until lunchtime. Packed lunches should not contain crisps, sweets, glass bottles, fizzy drinks or cans.
We also ask that food containing nuts are not brought into school to safeguard children with serious nut allergies. Packed lunches should be brought in a suitable lunchbox which is clearly marked with your child’s name. Please see the guidance below regarding packed lunch items.
Some ideas for Packed Lunches
- Sandwiches or wraps with tuna, cheese, ham, egg with lettuce, tomatoes and salad.
- Sticks of raw carrot, cucumber or pepper or other salad items
- Cheese cubes
- Fresh or dried fruit
- Fruit smoothies
In line with our healthy schools’ policy we would ask you to pay particular consideration to the contents of your child’s packed lunch to ensure that they receive a healthy balanced meal. Here is a link to some healthier lunchbox recipes.
- Children are not allowed to go home for lunch.
- Children in Reception and Nursery will be provided with fruit and milk. In KS1 children will be given fruit.
- Children in Reception and KS1 should bring in their own water bottle, however all children can have access to water at all times.
Please click on the links below to view.