It was so nice to see everyone last week, I hope everyone had a safe and happy break – finding time to relax and enjoy doing things together over the holiday.
For those families who are fasting for Ramadan, we wish you all, ‘Ramadan Mubarak’.
- We also celebrate the success of our Year 2 Handball Teams, they returned from the KS1 tournament on Tuesday with gold and bronze medals – well done to them and thank you to Coach Rich for ensuring they were so well prepared (even with a two-week holiday)!
- Thank you also to Yr R parents for following-up on the referrals made by the nurse who monitored children’s Vision and Hearing before the holiday – your visits to the Ophthalmologists, Opticians and Audiologists have already made a difference to children’s access to their learning.
- On Friday we celebrated Earth Day – the theme this year is: Invest in our Planet; thank you for supporting your children to complete the activity on Seesaw over the weekend.
This week we are looking forward to:
- Music Mondays starting, please ask your children all about the music sessions they will be participating in – thank you Shiva for organising this for everyone.
- We will also be discussing Deaf Awareness week (2nd – 8th May), the theme is Deaf Inclusion, exploring the theme of how we communicate and inclusion within our community. The aim is to highlight the impact of hearing loss on everyday life and increase visibility and inclusion of Deaf people. We have a number of children in school with a hearing impairment, so this will be very interesting for everyone.