What a busy time we’ve all had (at home and in school). I hope everyone who celebrated Eid had a lovely time with family and friends. We also need to say a big “Thank You” to Jay and our kitchen team for cooking such a tasty Eid lunch for us all on Friday.
- Year 1 couldn’t have picked a better day to visit St James’s Park – all of the trees and flowers were in full leaf and bloom. I am very impressed with children’s work in class and on Seesaw (at home) demonstrating their scientific understanding of the properties of evergreen and deciduous trees.
- Congratulations on the success of our Year 1 and Year 2 football teams – thoroughly deserved 1st and 4th positions against other KS1 teams from 8 other schools.
- Thank you to everyone who has posted a virtual 96th birthday message to Sir David Attenborough, children have left some charming birthday messages. Click on the link to sign and leave a message!
- We are discussing Loneliness – the theme for Mental Health Awareness week (9th – 15th May). On Friday we would like all children to wear something green, please click on the link for more information: https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/campaigns/mental-health-awareness-week
- Please also make sure that your read Coral’s update on Seesaw from the National Online Safety Centre regarding Loneliness, click on link for more information: https://nationalonlinesafety.com/guides/loneliness-online
- A special reminder for Year 1 parents, on Tuesday (11th) and Wednesday (12th) Lynn and Sheila are holding meetings at 09:15 to give you information about the Year 1 Phonics screening check, please try your best to attend a session.
- On Friday 13th the Children’s Centre is holding another COVID vaccination clinic, if you are interested in your child having a COVID vaccination, please book an appointment.
- This week is the final week for Year 1 after school clubs. I’d like to say a big “Thank You”, to Yewah, Manisha, Charlotte, Meena and Ruxsana for facilitating these sessions.
- Thank you to all Year 2 parents who are supporting your children with their special tests. They continue to be very relaxed and excited about completing them! Please make sure that you read the poem that Kelly posted on Seesaw.